Interested in a design update? You can find all the information for that commission type here on this page!
To return to the commission menu, [click here] or use the link at the bottom of this page.
What is a Design Update?
Think of it as a mystery makeover! Basically, you show me a design that you have, and I combine some information you give me with my own artistic license to surprise you with something new.
This is intended for character designs that are in need of some refreshing, and that you don't have anything too specific in mind for.
How is a Design Update different from a Custom?
Design updates lean heavily on the original design, and are more focused on tweaking and polishing it to make something new but still clearly connected to the original. Custom designs, on the other hand, are focused on building a brand new design from the ground up. If your idea results in a completely different design or you have a very specific, focused vision, this commission type is not a good fit.
If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to send me a message.
Rules + details
- By commissioning me, you are agreeing to my [TERMS OF SERVICE].
- By purchasing this commission type, you are agreeing that you are open to being surprised with a fully finished design.
- All prices are in USD, and all payments are taken through PayPal. I do not accept points or other virtual currencies.
- No refunds are given at any time unless I cannot complete the commission.
- Payment is taken upfront, before any work begins. You have 24 hours to make payment unless we agree otherwise. If something comes up, please tell me and I will gladly let you off the hook. Ghosting and ignoring until past deadline, however, may lead to you being blacklisted for commission sales. I no longer have the patience for chasing people down so please just be upfront and I will be understanding!
- If you have a deadline (ex: birthday, holiday) please tell me in advance so I can make sure it gets done on time!
- I do reserve the right to refuse a commission if I feel it is outside my abilities or morals (unlikely but still true).
- I WILL draw: humans, furries, robots, any species, any animal, any age, any gender, any body type, some gore. If you're not sure, feel free to ask!
- I WILL NOT draw: NSFW, nudity, excessive violence, adults paired with children, or anything of that vein.
- I will not draw knockoffs of existing designs or species. If you have a closed species design you want to work with, please read the species info below.
- The character being updated MUST belong to you. I do not make lookalikes.
A note on closed species
- Closed species designs are welcome! However, when submitting your order form, please include a link to any masterlist or proof of ownership as well as information about the species design rules.
- If you want a one-off design turned into a species, please show proof of MYO slot ownership.
- If the design update includes adding more traits or the like, please also include proof that you have the necessary items to make the changes.
- If the species allows it, I can swap traits within the same rarity tier. I will only do this with your explicit permission to do so; otherwise, traits will stay the same. If you want me to do this, mention it in the 'other' section of the form.
- I will do minor edits if the design is rejected by species mods, but large edits will incur a fee. It is your respsonibility to provide accurate information about the design rules.
- For curio adopts specifically: I will only add new traits to the design if you have the appropriate items to do so. The exception is Mysterious Powder, which is not required here.
Submitting your information
Please read the information carefully. Slots open in limited quantities on regular commission posts.
If I feel your requests are too specific, I may decline the commission.
This does NOT come with a work in progress stage. You will receive the design fully finished. This works best if you like my design sense and are open to being surprised!Clients fill out the following form. Keywords, personality/images, keeps, and don'ts are all optional.
|Design: [link to existing design]|
|Keywords/images: [up to 3 total]|
|Personality: [a few words or a sentence]|
|Keeps: [anything that absolutely must stay the same on the design]|
|Dont's: [anything you absolutely don't want on the new design]|
|Other: [any extra notes? specific requests here are not guaranteed]|
Here's an example form as it would be used to create the character above.
Keywords/images: mage, iridescent, fluffy
Personality: kind and composed, with a warm heart to fend off the bitter cold.
Keeps: must have a mane, must keep star markings on face and big horns
Dont's: no large areas of red, no glasses
Other: could you make him anthro?